Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 27, 2011

They say your memory is the second thing to go

and I can’t remember what the first is.

I’m not sure where I’m going to go with this.  I may wax philosophical or it may just degenerate into a rant.  It’ll probably end up somewhere in between.  I guess we’ll find out together.

Please don’t hesitate to commentwhether you agree or disagree.

            I believe that earth is the insane asylum of the universe and the inmates are running it.  Not just the politicians, but most of humanity.  Is that a “The Glass Is Half Empty” statement?  No, I think that’s a “The Glass Is Bone Dry” statement!

If vegetarians eat vegetables ………………………… what do humanitarians eat?

I don’t remember who said this (in a movie) but it fits.  “In my 63 years of life, I have come to the conclusion there are only two absolute truths:  #1 – There is a God, #2 – I’m not him.”

            There must be a God.  This much ignorance, stupidity and paranoia can’t be just by chance.  Even “Chaos Theory” can’t account for all of it.

            God … why are there so many rude, arrogant people in this world?  I suppose I can be rude sometimes … just ask people who know me.  I can probably be included in the arrogant category, too … I’m writing this blog expecting other people to be interested in what I think.

I spent most of Saturday before last recovering from a virus (computer, that is).  It was one of those “buy our anti-virus software” viruses.  I used advice one of my sons had given me months ago for dealing with it initially, but still had to do some clean-up.  My previous dealings with this nasty had been on my dad’s computer.  We ended up doing a format and reinstall that time.  This time I just lost a bunch of hours doing JIC back-ups and correcting the IE and McAfee issues it generated.  I had to completely disable Windows Firewall.  I’m still not sure I got all of it.  My MS Outlook seems to be having a hard time downloading mail from my ISP.  I tried the same process from my laptop and it worked just fine, so I don’t think it’s the Provider.

            I like pineapple, but it doesn’t belong on a pizza.  I like barbecue chicken, but it doesn’t belong on pizza, either.  However, I am one of those strange people who likes anchovies on the side.

            I keep entering to win a house in Vermont.  The house has a lower level with a built-in “bunk house for 8”, multiple shower bathroom, large laundry room, a “gathering area” and an outdoor hot tub & fireplace.  In the winter we could use that for a Bed & Breakfast for skiers.  The rest of the year it could be the same for hiking & fishing parties.  We could “reserve” a week here and there to go on vacation ourselves or have a family reunion.  Not a bad setup for retirement.

            The worst day fishing is better than the best day working.

When the files on your hard drive get corrupted, is that e-alzheimers?

This one was kind of scattered, wasn’t it?  I had to end it with a couple of YUKS.

On that note I’ll say TTFN.

0 comments:

Post a Comment