Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 7, 2011

Life, Me And ...

My better half of 42 years is a school librarian.  If I have any questions about books, authors, movies, music, etc., I ask her.  If she doesn’t know, she finds out.  She knows the Dewey Decimal System.  I’m lucky to be able to find a fiction author using the alphabet.  I’m completely dependent on her knowledge and her ability to find information on the internet.  She is awsome.

“In the case of good books, the point is not how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you”
Mortimer Adler, 1902 – 2001
                        Educator & Philosopher

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

            The #1 job of a bureaucrat is:  protect the bureaucracy … at all cost.  Especially if that cost is paid by the tax payers.

            What’s the difference between the U S Congress and the Boy Scouts of America?
The Boy Scouts have adult supervision.
           
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

            When I started this blog, I didn’t expect to be doing so much introspection.  I find myself analyzing myself! …………………………… Did I say that right?

I find myself using the “Ego” words (ie. “I”, “My”, “Me”, “Myself”, etc.) a lot.  Then I remember the name of this blog.

            I’ve begun to doubt that I was a good parent.  We had three boys.  Each has his own personality.  I’m proud of them all.
            Each seems to live in his own world and now and then gets to sign in on a “Visitor’s Pass”. <G>
            I have never dealt well with children.  Sometimes I’m surprised God allowed me the priviledge of having them. 
            Don’t misunderstand me … I’m not fishing for denial, pity or forgiveness.  The past is what it is.  I do have regrets, I think we all have some of those lurking about, but, we can’t change the past and I’m not sure it would be a good idea to do it if we could.

            Back to the subject, I’m sure sometimes, maybe a lot of times, I expected too much of our boys.  I was selfish and wanted them to grow up quickly so I could enjoy them.  This put a very heavy load on my wife, which she carried extremely well.  Our children couldn’t have wished for a better mother.
            Children have to learn to be children before they can be expected to grasp the many facets of being an adult.  I guess I spent a lot of time and energy figuring out how to “earn a living” and “provide for my family.”  Some, or a lot, of that probably would have been better spent “enjoying my family.”
            Like I said:  “The past is what it is”.  All we can hope for is to learn from our mistakes and not keep remaking too many of them.

            I’m not sure it’s just children I don’t tolerate very well.  It might be people in general.  I think most dogs are better people than most people and the more dogs I meet the less I like people.
            Maybe it’s just not in my nature to like, or trust, the vast majority of humans.  When the protests started in Cairo, I thought:  ‘This peaceful protest is going to turn into a riot.’  Sure enough, it did.  Complete with looting, burning and killing.  When you fill the pot full and keep stiring, it’s bound to boil over. 

To misquote an old PP&M song lyric:  “Where ever two or more of them are gathered, it’s insane.
Where’s the love … Where’s the love”.

I’m beginning to wonder if this is a blog or a book.  Maybe I should let it end somewhere in between.
More later.

Catch Ya On The Flip Side.

0 comments:

Post a Comment