Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Review: Maracas in Palm Springs




This Mexican food restaurant is in the front of the
Downtown Plaza, where Falls and Matchbox are
located, at 155 S. Palm Canyon Drive.

They have indoor seating, side patio seating, and outside
seating in the front.  We took a table in the front this time
so we could watch the tourists.
A couple years ago WE were the tourists.

The house margarita comes in a large(schooner size)
or small(regular size) margarita glass.  The margarita
is very tasty and slightly sweet compared to others
I’ve had.  For this reason, I would definitely opt for salt.
They also have a full-service bar.  Since it was still
afternoon and I had to drive home, we each had a
small margarita.

They immediately bring chips and a bowl of spicy salsa.

This time, my wife had the shrimp enchilada.  She said
it was stuffed with good size shrimp, not just “flavored.”
I had the two-item combo of beef soft taco and chicken
enchilada.  They definitely don’t skimp on the meat.
I could barely finish it and I’m a hearty eater.

Both meals come with rice and refried beans.
The sauces are tasty without the over powering “heat” you
get some places.  If you want it spicier just put on some
of the salsa that comes with the chips.

In the past we have gone there earlier in the day and, if
it’s early enough, I have the machaca.  It’s made with
nicely seasoned shredded beef, unlike some restaurants
that use ground beef.  This comes with rice, beans, and
tortillas.

The service is timely, friendly, and attentive.
The noise level depends on the seating area, but it’s
never been so loud as to be intrusive.

Two regular size margaritas and our meals came to
about $34 (+tip).  Very reasonable.

I would give them 4½ stars.  Only because my
5-star ratings are very few and far between.

Coming soon
Review:  Jake’s (Easter Brunch this year)

0 comments:

Post a Comment