Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Words Flowing Onto The Page …

I started to write this post about how difficult it is to stop writing if the words keep flowing onto the page.  It’s like they have a life of their own … sometimes it feels like being a conduit for thoughts to flow from mind to finger tips. NOW  THEY’VE  STOPPED  FLOWING!   HELP!

I spoke too soon.  Is this what they call “Writer’s Block?”  It’s really stressful.  Not being able to get going on a writing project is one of the most frustrating things I’ve experienced ………………………….
I’ve been reading a book on Blogger and maybe I’m suffering from a “601” error; too much data coming in too fast. (The Andromeda Strain  - ©1971). 

The other day I received the book my wife ordered for my birthday, about 10 days before, from Amazon.com®.
Google Blogger for Dummies by Susan Gunelius - 2008 (©2009).
I asked for it after checking a copy out of the library (twice) and realized it would be a great resource to have. Owning it and being able to use a Sharpie® highliter on it makes it even more useful.

That same morning a friend recommended this book and even offered to send me her copy, not knowing I already had one on the way.  Thanks for the kind offer, Sheila.  She brought up the point that some of the information is slightly dated, but, overall the book is very useful.  I agree with her.  My computer and I are both older than that so we should do fine.    hahaha

You might be able to tell from the movie references, especially if you know me from Facebook, I am  a movie buff.  Not to be confused with a movie expert, which I am not.

I have a rather large, eclectic collection of movies on DVD.  Some, like The Andromeda Strain – ©1971 – Arthur Hill, I like for the story line.  Others, like Chisum – ©1970 – John Wayne, more for the star/cast.  Still others, like Silent Running – ©1971 – Bruce Dern, for both.  Then there are those, like Fiddler On The Roof – ©1971 – Topol, for the story/star/cast/music.

Until I started writing this, I didn’t realize how many of my favorite movies, other than ALL with John Wayne, fall into the 1965 to 1975 release range.  The release dates in my movie library range from 1931 to 2010, some 79 years of cartoons, cinema and TV.  If I don’t have it, I probably don’t want it or need it.  If I started watching DVDs right now and didn’t have to eat, sleep or ---, I would finish up in approximately;  64 days / 20 hours / 26 minutes.
May God have mercy …

My main DVD player died shortly before my birthday.  My wife took me to Walmart to get a new one.  I couldn’t find a 5 DVD carousel like I had, so I got a single disc Blu-ray player.  That may have been a mistake.  Now I am getting Blu-ray versions of some of my favorites.  I already have 6 and now, courtesy of Eric (one of our three sons), there’s 3 more on the way.  That doesn’t include the 4 still on my Amazon Wish List.
OMG – a monster is born – a Blu-ray monster!

Maybe I should devote part of my blog to movie reviews?  I certainly have a lot of material.  I think maybe I better start reading reviews to get a feel for it.  Of course, since these movies were of my choice, I might be a little prejudiced.  Ya think?
It’s late and I think my mind and fingers are getting out of sync.  I keep having to re-type things so they make sense and my spelling is getting terrible.

2 comments:

  1. I see no harm in reviewing movies you enjoy--there's still plenty to share about what you enjoy in each one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sheila Thanks for the confidence. I think I'll do some research on reviews first.

    ReplyDelete